•   almost 8 years ago

Is this require to be a brand new App?

Is this require to be a brand new App? We have the app in AppStore already but no EverNote integration so far. Can we improve the existing app by adding Evernote integration and submit?

• 6 comments

• Manager   •   almost 8 years ago

Totally fine - as long as the Evernote portion was not public before this competition.

For example, an existing app could build a great new Evernote integration and would be eligible to submit to the Devcup.

Good luck!

•   •   almost 8 years ago

I already have a Evernote-integrated product that was released last month. Is that eligible as a submission?

• Manager   •   almost 8 years ago

We will allow it since it was close to the announcement period. Please make new updates to it during the competition period this month and next. Thanks!

•   •   almost 8 years ago

Awesome. Thanks a lot.

•   •   almost 8 years ago

Chris,

Sorry about bothering you again. I just read the fineprint in the rules that say:
    "For the avoidance of doubt, any beta, demo, trial or incomplete version of an application that was available publicly on a website or via an alternative delivery mechanism such as the iTunes App Store, Google Play, BlackBerry App World or other channel prior to April 24, 2012 is ineligible."

My app was released in Nokia Store on 31 Mar, 2012, and there have been two major updates to the app since April 24 (v1.3 and the as yet unreleased v1.4, which adds support for note attachments). In case it's of relevance, the release timeline can be seen at blog.notekeeperapp.com.

Per the rules, it appears that my app is not eligible. In case it is (given that the app was released close to the competition date), do I have to do something special during the submission?

• Manager   •   almost 8 years ago

@Roopesh C -- email me at ctraganos@evernote.com thanks!

Comments are closed.